top of page
Image by Ben White

Child and Adolescent Therapy

Are you concerned about your child? Is their behaviour becoming more challenging, or do they show signs of increased frustration, worry, or sadness? Are they experiencing problems at school? Eden Psychology can help children and adolescents with a range of issues, including difficulties with peers, managing emotions, anxiety, depression, and behaviour problems.


As a parent, you always want your child to be happy and achieve their full potential. However, this isn't always an easy task, particularly if your child is having trouble managing their emotions. 

Working collaboratively with you and your child, we help your family develop better ways to connect and communicate.
While your child will be the main focus of therapy, at Eden we believe your involvement throughout the process is a fundamental part of improving your child's mental health.

If you have noticed any of the following issues with your child, speaking with a therapist may be the answer:

  • Mood changes - crying more, appearing sad, or excessive worry

  • Tantrums, defiance, aggression or oppositional behaviour

  • Changes in sleep behaviour or eating patterns

  • Trouble separating from you or "clingy" behaviour

  • Difficulty adjusting to changes

  • Decrease in academic performance

  • Trouble connecting well with peers

  • Bullying

  • School refusal

  • Risk-taking behaviour

  • Self-harm

We have worked with many children and adolescents experiencing these issues, as well as children who suffer from learning and developmental disorders such as ASD and ADHD.

rs=w_1440,h_1440 (yhubhbijk).jfif
Caring Child

It's important to note that getting started as soon as possible is always the best option. Many mental health issues develop early in life, and most learning and developmental issues can be picked up in preschool or primary school. Research shows that early intervention decreases the likelihood of issues becoming lifelong problems.

We urge you to contact us if a problem seems to be distressing your child or influencing how they communicate with others in the family.

Contact us for further information about how we can help you, or request an appointment.

bottom of page